My Top 5 Drugstore Makeup Products


As much as I love high end brands, I will always be a massive fan of the more affordable makeup you find on the high street. It just seems to be the first place I turn to for everything, and it might sound like a slight exaggeration, but I honestly don't know what I would do if there wasn't a super drug or boots. In this post I am going to share my top 5 drug store products that I reach out for on a day to day basis!

Oh and also, before I continue, this post is a collaboration with Maya Sienna who has such a lovely blog, so don't forget to read her version of this post afterwards too! 



Soap and Glory Archery D.I.Y Brow Bar

This is a cute and compact little brow kit which comes with a clear wax, a cream highlighter and a dark blonde and chocolate brow powder. It is literally all you need for perfect brows on the go, and for £12, it's a steal. Soap and glory could be considered slightly on the pricey side for drug store, however you do get what you pay for and they sell some brilliant items!

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

I just had to include this in my drug store favorites because it is one of my all time favorite foundations all together. It has a beautiful, radiant finish with a decent amount of coverage, and feels nice and light on the skin too. I think if someone came up to me and asked me what foundation they should get, regardless of there skin type, I would probably tell them to try this out.

Collection Sheer Loose Powder

As messy as this is, it's one of my all time favorites. It reminds me allot of the clear complexion powder by Rimmel, except it's a fine powder (that seems to go everywhere but my face, especially on clothes) . My only gripe with this is it's lack of staying power, but other than that it sets your makeup beautifully and is also great for baking (if you are in to baking your face, which I personally am not such a lover of)

Max Factor Lip Elixir (725 Simply Nude)

In my eyes this is the perfect nude, and the only one that doesn't wash me out too much (#paleskinproblems). It's such a lovely creamy formulation and is super moisturizing too which I always look for in a lipstick! I would say this is very similar formulation to a cream sheen by mac, and reminds me very much of 'Angel'. 

Sleek Blushes

These little blushes are such a typical beauty blogger favorite, but they really are lovely! I own the shade Rose Gold which if I am honest looks not-so-appealing in the pan, however once it's on your cheeks it gives a gorgeous glow and is like a 2 in 1 blush and highlight and really stands out when it's on. It's also super pigmented for a drug store blush and I really suggest you give these a try.

I hope you found this post helpful, and thank you very much for reading! xx


11 comments:

  1. Collating with you was v lovely, I really like this post! I'm also contemplating trying out the Sleek blushes, haha:)

    -Maya mayasienna13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really want to give more of them a try because they are so pigmented xx

      Delete
  2. great post! :)
    I followed you via Google Friend Connect, maybe you'd like to follow me back on my blog. I'd really appreciate it :)

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll go and follow you back on your blog now! :) x

      Delete
  3. Nice post. Good luck on your blog, more power!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just Because l youlivealife.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Love sleek blushes, especially Rose Gold :)

    pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I really want to try one of the trio's! xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I don't use foundation that often, but these all sound like great picks. I've just followed you, keep the posts coming and good luck with the blog!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll go ahead and follow your blog now ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Love this post!! Very helpful, Bo xx

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete