Simple Healthy Breakfast 3 Ways!


Lately I have become more of a morning person, mostly because the weather has began to brighten up a little, and one of my favourite ways to start the day is breakfast (because I don't know about you, but the first thing that's on my mind when my eyes open is food). Here are 3 things I enjoy eating early morning that you could maybe try too!



1. Porridge topped with fresh fruit!

As easy as this recipe is, it's perfect for school mornings when you don't have an awful lot of time and want something quick yet nice. For this all you need is 4 tablespoons of oats, about 270ml of Milk , and fruit of your choice. You may also like to add honey, or jam, if that is what you're into.

Firstly put the oats and milk into a saucepan, and then put them on the hob on low heat for around 4-5 minutes. When the milk begins to boil, I usually leave it to simmer for a couple seconds because I like this to be piping hot. Once it is looking a lot like porridge, proceed to pour it into a bowl and then the main part is done. Now garnish with any fruit you wish, I normally go for raspberries and/or blueberries, but it would be great with bananas or strawberries too if you like. 



2. Avocado and Poached Egg on Toast

What seems to be all over social media at the minute happens to taste amazing. For this all you need is a slice of bread, an egg, 1/2 an avocado and some salt and pepper!

Start by cracking an egg into a ramekin (small bowl) or a poach pod if you own one (a little silicone pod that makes this 100x easier). Then bring some water to simmer and swirl in a saucepan on the hob and place your egg into the water. I usually leave it there for around 3-4 minutes for a runny yolk, but if you like it to be more dense then go for 5 and above.

Whilst you wait for the egg to be cooked, pop some bread into your toaster or under your grill. I use wholemeal or brown bread normally, but it's totally optional. Meanwhile, take an avocado and cut it into halves. Use one half of the avocado and scrape the inside into a bowl, and mash it into guacamole with a fork, or spoon, or both if you are feeling feisty. 

When the toast is done, spread onto it the guacamole. It may look gross and not very appealing, but trust me it tastes really good later on. Then the egg should be done, so place that on top. You may want to put it on some kitchen roll first to drain out the excess water, or just put it straight on the toast. Finish with some crushed black pepper and a sprinkle of salt!


3. Super Cheesy Egg Bread!

If you aren't a fan of cheese, or egg, or bread, then look away now. For this you need all of those things, plus a little salt and black pepper again.

Place a slice of bread on a baking tray. Take a spoon and begin to push into the middle of the bread in order to create a small indent where the egg will go. When it forms quite a deep indentation, then go ahead and crack your egg into there. Don't forget to wash your hands after this because yes, you probably got some raw egg on your hands if your clumsy like me. Then grate some cheese around the rest of the bread and make sure to put allot on because it tends to melt and disappear when there isn't enough! Sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and then pop it in the oven on Gas Mark 6/204 * c/400 f for 15 minutes!

I hope you all enjoyed this blog post and it gave you some delicious ideas, and as always thank you for reading! 



5 comments:

  1. Lovely post! All of these sound so yummy! I have never tried avocado but I feel like I'm missing out on something really tasty so I'm going to try it soon! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've only just got into it and so many people talk about it so I thought I'd try it, it's odd though and doesn't really taste like anything! xx

      Delete
  2. I don't like avocado at all and I feel if I did I could vary my food a lot more! But the others look great, I'm hungry now!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all honest I'm not sure what to think of it, it doesn't really taste like anything haha :D xx

      Delete
  3. Hello! I love your blog so much; you have a really beautiful design! I really like the food recommendations, this was a really useful post for me; I will definetely be using these recipes in the future! I have followed your blog because I think it’s so good!!! I would love it if you had a look at my blog; I’m a very passionate blogger but I’m quite new and really need the support! Perhaps we could become friends? Thank you so much, Jeani xxx www.jeanithoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete