Skincare Favorites


Skin: the thing that stresses me out oh so much. Spots, dry skin, oily skin, black heads, blemishes, redness, the list goes on. It's very over whelming. Here are some of my favourite things to help combat these issues and I strongly advise you give some of them a go if you need to switch up your skincare for summer, or are in desperate need of a skin saviour. 


1. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

At first thoughts, I thought this product was a little bit pricey for what it was, but I soon learned it's so much more than that. It is a cleanser, so it's not going to combat everything, but it is going to leave your skin feeling incredible. It's also very satisfying to watch your makeup melt away, and despite looking like a panda, once you  take a hot cloth or flannel and wipe the makeup away you feel like a goddess. It's like when you have freshly shaved legs. You feel like an untouchable queen.

2. Benefit Triple Performing Emulsion

I went through a phase where my skin was producing a shocking amount of excess oil (sounds a little gross) and moisturiser was a loathed skin care step. I couldn't find anything light enough, therefore I would often skip moisturiser. NEVER do this. Your skin needs moisture, just like you need food, else it won't be very happy. I came across this product and not only was it nice and breathable and light, it was a wonderful base for makeup and felt soothing and refreshing. Not to mention the adorable packaging which for me instantly gives a sea side vibe.

3. Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face Mask

Face masks I steered clear of for a long time after using one and feeling a terrible burning sensation and being left with a red face. When my skin was going through a tough time, I was in desperate need of a deep action, yet gentle solution and the place for that is often Lush. This face mask smells like an after eight on your face, and lightly exfoliates. It's so rejuvenating and fresh, and helps with teenage skin and all types of it. If you don't want to completely shell out, then just ask politely for a tester in Lush (on a non-busy day) and seen as the staff are so friendly they will always help out.

4. Lush Tea Tree Toner Water

Again from Lush, are toner waters. Oh me oh my are these wonderful. Not only is it great to get your skin back on track, it is so cooling and refreshing and a summer must have. It doubles up as a setting spray and cooling spray to so definitely get your hands on one of these!

5. Clean and Clear Deep Action Cream Wash

My lord and saviour of all skin, clean and clear. This cream facial wash leaves your skin feeling incredibly soft, moisturised, and super fresh and clean. It gives a tingling sensation when it first goes on, which makes you really know it's doing something. Don't worry, it doesn't burn or sting or leave you with redness like the cheap face mask I once tried did.

6. Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser

Again from clean and clear is a moisturiser. Similar to the benefit one, it's extremely light and breathable, but doesn't contain SPF like it. It doesn't sit on your skin, or make it feel oily or sticky. It sinks in within minutes of application and leaves a great base for makeup yet again!

7. Boots Tea Tree Cream

Spots. Spots. Spots. No thank you.
A couple months ago I woke up with a massive spot. It didn't have a head, but was absolutely massive and scarred too. My skin was red, inflamed, and my self confidence was there fore 0. Nobody deserves a massive spot like that, and the one I had was so painful too it was awful. The best thing for me with spots is tea tree cream, which can be found in any pharmacy. I apply it wherever my skin is in need of help, and in the space of a couple days it's gone down, or completely gone. It's magical.

And that brings this post to a close. As always, thanks so much for reading! Feel free to leave some of your skin care recommendations in the comments below too! 



6 comments:

  1. Lush and Clean and Clear are just the best with treating oily skin! Great post!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, they are my favourites! Thanks so much xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I love boots tea tree range! It really helps my skin! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks so much! I really want to try more of it because I like the smell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the superdrug tea tree skincare range and the Lush Fresh Farmacy face wash. Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the superdrug tea tree skincare range and the Lush Fresh Farmacy face wash. Lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete