My June Favorites


Hello July!

It's time to say goodbye to June, which means it is most definitely time to share my monthly favourites as always. I really enjoy writing posts like these because it's like giving occasional little updates and insights into my life and what is going on for me at the moment. 


As summer is slowly approaching us, it is nice to introduce some seasonally appropriate scents into our daily routines. My current choice of perfume is one I have owned for a while now (which as you can see, is almost empty) and it is Love Story by Chloe. In my attempts to describe it's scent, it's very delicate and feminine. Really it's great for all year, which is what I like about it. Not to mention this stunning packaging with the sweetest little ribbon attached to it.


In my last favourites post I mentioned some of the products from Garnier's Ultimate Blends range, and after loving those so much I decided to explore the range a little more, and this time I went for the 'Mythic Olive' shampoo and conditioner. These are targeted towards again dried out hair, and contain actual Virgin Olive Oil. I feel as if for a long time Moroccan Oils and Coconut Oils have dominated hair care so this is a really interesting change. The scent is shockingly very fresh and clean and comforting and the actual consistency of both products are great, particularly the shampoo because it builds into a good lather and leaves your hair with plenty of moisture alone. Overall I will continue using these because they are fab.


As for makeup, this month I tended to stick to my usual everyday routine that I finally got to grips with, but I however added in an old fave: The Master Sculpt powder contour kit from Maybelline. When I first bought this I wasn't impressed whatsoever. The contour lacked slightly in pigmentation, and as for the highlight: well, there was none. But now I have swapped over what I use to apply this with, I have noticed a vast improvement and I now adore the highlight. Although it is still very subtle, it's perfect for day to day. The brush I apply it with is by Makeup Revolution, and I just love how silky and soft these brushes are.

Next up is a book, by one of my fave you tubers of all time, Sprinkle of Glitter (aka Louise). My friend introduced me to her along with others a few years ago, and Louise was my favourite for a long time. She is such a positive and fun person, and her book really reflects this. She discussed allot of important topics in this that I feel haven't yet been covered in other you tuber books, and I just really enjoy reading it. Also, the front cover is adorable and I don't know about you, but instantly reminds me of Pinterest. 
Alongside it you have probably noticed my forever and always, The Righteous Butter from Soap and Glory. Oh my have I been slathering on great amounts of this stuff this month, and I feel great about it. There's no greater feeling than having baby soft skin as you crawl into fresh clean sheets at night.


For Lifestyle favourites this month, is some new music I have being enjoying. I like to consider myself very open minded, especially when it comes to music. From my chemical romance, to one direction, I am truly in to a bit of everything. My current loves are Coasts, Passenger, Train and Imagine Dragons. I'm not sure what the term is for these, but they are kind of acoustic ish, jolly tunes that I listen to whilst doing my makeup in the mornings!

I hope you enjoyed this post and as always thank you so much for reading! Xx





15 comments:

  1. I really want a Chloe perfume because they smell so feminine and classy,this is the first time I've gone on your blog and I followed straight away-I love your blog so far!It would be great if you could maybe follow back? xx

    https://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much following me, I will follow back now! xx

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely check Louise channel, and I'm hoping to snag my own copy of her book. It look so good.

    Just Because l teresagueco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite you tuber book so far, definitely worth reading! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm yet to find a signature scent, so might have to give Love Story a sniff when I see it next! I've seen Master Sculpt all over blogs, although I'm not into contouring, I can see it being ideal and compact for beginners!

    Mind checking out my latest - it's all about my recent adventures in Poland!

    Alice x
    girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the chloe perfumes, I wish I owned more! I'm not too into contouring either, and this was my first contour kit and I really recommend it because it comes with a little brush too! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! The Chloe perfume sounds so nice! I love the righteous butter by soap and glory, it is so moisturing! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I love soap and glory's body butters too they all smell so delicious! xx

      Delete
  5. I need to try that Chloe perfume, great photographs x
    http://thepastelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how varied your music taste is! These all sound lovely!

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Louise! I totally agree with you, she's such a positive and fun person! I definitely need to get my hands on her book! I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to your next one, followed!

    Alicia xx

    lishb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me! It's such a nice book and really reflects her personality xx

      Delete
  8. I love getting to know what you have been loving!
    Please may you check my blog out, it will be quite to get to know you!
    Amy xx
    Amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete